Questions and answers concerning our HAVAG customer guarantees
- What are HAVAG customer guarantees?
HAVAG customer guarantees represent promises to our customers to which we have committed ourselves as HAVAG employees. We give the following three guarantees:
- The Ticket Guarantee
- The Punctuality Guarantee
- The Response Guarantee
- Where do the HAVAG customer guarantees apply?
All three guarantees relate to HAVAG’s area of influence and service. For the Ticket and Punctuality Guarantees (day/night) this particularly means that they cover our tram and bus lines in fare zones 210 and 233 of Mitteldeutscher Verkehrsverbund (MDV).
- What do we understand by a Ticket Guarantee?
Thanks to the new mobile ticket machines we installed in 2017, our customers no longer necessarily have to purchase a ticket before starting out their journey. We can assure you that you can purchase a ticket from mobile machines in all our low-floor vehicles. If a ticket machine should nevertheless fail, then, under the Ticket Guarantee, you do not have to leave our vehicle, but can simply continue your journey without a ticket until the next stop where you change.
At present there are still three Tatra trams whose journeys are clearly marked on the timetable (by “K – no low-floor vehicle for this journey”). Unfortunately, for technical reasons no ticket machines could be installed in these vehicles. So before starting your journey you have to purchase a ticket to travel on these vehicles.
- What do we understand by a Punctuality Guarantee?
The Punctuality Guarantee applies throughout the whole day and falls into two parts: the Punctuality Guarantee Day (for the time from 5.00 - 22.00 hours) and the Punctuality Guarantee Night (for the time from 22.00 - 5.00 hours).
With the Punctuality Guarantee Day we promise to compensate you if you reach your destination with a delay of more than 20 minutes when using our service. If you ever arrive late we will send you a 24-hour card for one person, for either fare zone 210 or fare zone 233. Our subscribers will be given a credit for the value of a 24-hour card for one person for fare zone 210 or 233 which will be paid into your account with us.
The Punctuality Guarantee Night enables you to call a taxi in the evening and night hours if your scheduled departure with our service is delayed by more than 20 minutes. In this case we will pay part of your taxi bill up to the sum of € 20.
The basis for all departure and arrival times is the latest timetable (according to the information on the HAVAG website) together with all guaranteed connections. An exception from these rules are cases of force majeure (such as natural influences and strikes) and third-party liability (e.g. traffic or personal accidents, obstructions by vehicles, traffic jams).
- What do we understand by a Response Guarantee?
We aim to give you a satisfactory answer to your written complaint or enquiry as soon as possible. This is why through our Response Guarantee we have committed ourselves to giving you a response within seven working days of receiving your enquiry. If we miss this deadline, you will be entitled to a 24-hour card for one person, for either fare zone 210 or fare zone 233. Our subscribers will be given a credit for the value of a 24-hour card for one person for fare zone 210 or 233 which will be paid into your account with us.
Your written complaint or enquiry must have reached us through the usual communication channels: by post, email, PO box or web form, and must not contain any details that are in breach of applicable law or that need to be checked by our Legal Department.
- How do I claim under the individual guarantees?
If we cannot keep our promise, you basically have the possibility of contacting us with a “guarantee card”, including the necessary annexes, in order to report a case that falls under the guarantee.
- Please send your claim by post to:
Freiimfelder Str. 74
06112 Halle (Saale)
- by email to:
- or you may submit your complaint or enquiry in person at one of our HAVAG SERVICE CENTERS in the new city centre in Halle-Neustadt or at the escalator at the centre of the old city.
- As an alternative, you can also complete the online form to report your claim.
- Please send your claim by post to:
- What deadlines must you observe when making a claim under the guarantee?
Please report a case that falls under the guarantee within ten working days of the date of the incident.
- Through which communication channels will I receive a reply to my claim under the guarantee?
We will check your guarantee claim as quickly as possible and reply by post, telephone or email. If your application concerning a Punctuality Guarantee (Day) or a Response Guarantee is approved, we will send you the 24-hour card for one person for fare zone 210 or 233 directly by post. You can use this immediately for all forthcoming journeys. Our subscribers will be given a credit for the value of one 24-hour card for fare zone 210 or fare zone 233 which will be paid into your account with us.
- Where can I find more information about the guarantees and the terms for the granting HAVAG guarantees?
More detailed information and the terms for the granting of HAVAG guarantees can be found under www.havag.com/customer.
- Can HAVAG personnel also make a claim under the guarantee?
Yes, HAVAG employees are also entitled to claim under the guarantee when travelling by bus and tram and when using an MDV ticket.
- I have taken someone along on my subscription card and would like to make a claim under the guarantee. Can the other person also make a claim under the guarantee?
No, only the holder of a ticket is entitled to claim under the guarantee.
- I have submitted a claim under the guarantee and would like to know how my claim is progressing. Can I contact your hotline?
No, our hotline cannot give any final answer concerning the progress of the claim. Please address questions concerning the progress of the claim by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I wanted to purchase a ticket at mobile machine, but it was broken/defective. How can I prove that this really was the case?
HAVAG is able to reconstruct any disorders to our mobile machines. However, you are also welcome to take a photo of the defective machine and send it to us when you submit your claim under the guarantee.
- The function for paying by EC card was not working on mobile machine. I had no cash on me. What do I do now?
If the machine is not working properly (only payment by EC card, only payment by cash possible) and you have no other means of payment, you can travel free of charge to the next stop where you change.
- The bus/tram came too early and I missed it. Can I still make a claim under the Punctuality Guarantee?
Yes. If a bus or tram departs too early and this causes any passengers to arrive at their final stop 20 minutes late in total, they can make a claim under the Punctuality Guarantee.